This statue was one of four installed on the Saginaw County Courthouse when it was constructed in 1884. Formed of pressed zinc, it was made by the John Siddons Company of Rochester, New York.
For generations the statues stood guard over Saginaw's west side. In 1972, a new government complex was constructed and the 1880s courthouse was demolished. The statues were salvaged but became separated from each other. Prior to being donated to the museum, this statue of Lady Justice was found lying in a northern Michigan field. Her fragile state has left her unrestorable.