Second National Bank
The exhibition is closed. Please enjoy the information about this past exhibit.
Since its formal opening on September 7, 1925, the Second National Bank Building, now named the First Merit Building, has been a Saginaw landmark. At 12 stories high, it towers over the corner of East Genesee and North Washington and defines Saginaw's skyline.
While formed in 1871, Second National Bank, acquired and absorbed earlier institutions and traced its history back to 1855. On January 1, 1896, Second National Bank absorbed Home National Bank. Shortly after that, time operations were moved from a facility on East Genesee to the Home National Bank's former location in the 100 block on North Washington. They would remain in this location for more than a quarter of a century.