A Visit to Jacobson's
The Jacobson’s company opened a branch in downtown Saginaw in 1944. Eleven years later, the retailer opened a new store in Saginaw on the southwest corner of South Jefferson and Federal Avenues. Advertised as the largest and most modern in the chain, it thrived for decades. After a major renovation and expansion in 1976, the department store covered an entire city block – the 1955 store comprised less than 1/7 of the new facility. After Jacobson’s closed its Saginaw store in 2001, the Castle Museum of Saginaw County History purchased the 1955 building as a home for the museum’s collection and archives.
View the digital collection here.